Need a new breakfast idea for those on the go?
I think I have your recipe right here....
On days where I have 9.00 am starts, I normally have overnights oats for breakfast- anything that is quick and easy to rustle up. Sometimes this can get a little boring, so I am always happy to discover new and exciting recipes that are just as easy to make and delicious to eat.
I was so happy to discover this savory breakfast recipe. They take a bit to bake, but once done, you can easily grab them from a snack tin and head on out of the door with them. They also are super good and healthy for you, the vitamin C within the sweet potato helps towards protecting your cells from the damages of stress. The protein from the egg, cheese and seeds also help to keep you full until lunch.
- 600g sweet potato
- 4 spring onions
- chili flakes
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 250g wholemeal self raising flour
- 50g parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases. Peel the sweet potatoes and then coarsely grate (I found it much easier to do with this little bad boy) into a large bowl. chop the spring onion and add the chili flakes.
- Crack in the eggs, add the mascarpone cheese an flour. Add the parmesan an season with salt and pepper. mix until nicely combined.
- Divide the mixture into the cases and sprinkle the seeds over the top. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown and set. Either eat straight away or keep in a snack tin, in the fridge ready for when you need them.
So delicious and yummy! You must try them, they are perfect with your morning cup of coffee. You can make them at the weekend ready for the week ahead. Let me know how you get on with this recipe.