Anyone else's mouths watering right now?
Anyone else need ideas for a Friday night dinner? Well look no further than this recipe. A beauty from Jamie Oliver's new Superfood cookbook. It's the perfect comfort dish, with lovely wholewheat pasta which is so much healthier for you. The vine tomatoes give it a great deep flavour and the baked ricotta is amazing!! Pefect easy dish to cook up on a Friday night/ Sunday evening.
THE INGREDIENTS(Serves Four)- olive oil
- bunch of fresh thyme
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 fresh chilli
- 1 lemon
- 500g ripe cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 250g of ricotta cheese
- 320g fresh wholewheat spaghetti
- handful of rocket
- balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Pour 3 tbs of oil into a small bowl. Run the thyme under a hot tap and then strip the leaves into the oil. Peel the garlic, and finely slice it. Add the chili and add to the bowl.
- finely grate in the lemon zest and add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper and mix together. Lay the cherry tomatoes in a baking tray. rub the oil over the ricotta and add to the tray and rub the remaining oil over the tomatoes.
- Add a splash of water and place to roast in an oven for 45 minutes.
- With 10 minutes to go, cook the spaghetti to cooking instructions with salted hot water. Once done, lift the ricotta out of the tray and shake the tomatoes off the vines, discarding the stalks. Add half a mug of pasta water to the tray and gently shake the tray.
- Drain the spaghetti and toss into the tray with a squeeze of lemon juice, season to perfection and break the ricotta over the top. Sprinkle with rocket and serve with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
This is a favourite now in our house. It is perfect as it is a one pot dish and cooks to perfection.What is also great is that the ingredients are not hard to come by- which means this dish is super easy to pick up at the supermarket on the way home from work. Tell me if you give this a go, I would love to know your thoughts!