This is the perfect mid week supper, a quick and easy treat to get you through the week slump...
Salmon is a super fish, it provides important amounts of the antioxidant amino acid Taurine, an excellent source of vitamin B12, vitamin D and Selenium. It is also a good source of niacin, omega- 3 fatty acids, protein, phosphorus and vitamin B6. L is not a big fan of fish, so it is nice when he is working late's to treat myself to a nice fish meal.
Salmon takes about 25 minutes to bake in foil, and is kept incredibly juicy and moist. The sweet chili dipping sauce and lime juice is an excellent marinade for salmon, gives it a slight Asian twist. My salad is just a mixture of salad things that I had left over in my fridge (and I have discovered my obsession with black olives again) So this recipe post is purely about the salmon, you can follow the salad if you want to, but everyone's salad needs are totally different and unique. If you do try my salad version, let me know what you think!
- 2 Pieces of Salmon fillet (boned)
- Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
- Olive spread
- 1 Lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- Pre- heat your oven to 200 Degrees. Place your fillets onto two separate pieces of foil.
- Add as much sweet chili dipping sauce as you would like. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and add a little bit of olive oil just to keep the fish moist.
- wrap the fish in the foil,ensuring to keep it tight to keep the steam in. Cook the fillets for 20- 25 minutes till nice and cooked through. Serve with salad or greens; my salad consist of the following: Italian Salad leaves black olives, spring onions and chopped peppers.
Just perfect for summer and so yummy and hopefully so healthy!! Delicious!! Let me know if you give this recipe a go, and how yours turned out!!