Whilst I have been trying to stay healthy, Sometimes you have to treat yourself to something a little sweet...
Cinnamon Swirls are one of my favourite treats (it's to do with my Breakfast at Tiffany's obsession) so I decided it time I learnt how to make them. Whilst I wont be baking these all the time, these are definitely something I would consider making again when I have visitors (if they could ever fit into my tiny flat!) for a welcoming breakfast. They are slightly a bit more technical than my other recipes, so in terms of skills I would give them three stars; but it is worth giving them go if you have the time and want to advance your skills!
- 500g Strong White Flour
1 tbsp Honey/ Algave Syrup
1 tsp Salt
1 Easy Bake Yeast Sachet
- Egg Yolk (free range- always!)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Butter (unsalted)
1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Unrefined Demerara Sugar
- Pre heat the oven to 220 C. Place flour, honey/ Algave syrup, salt and yeast into a bowl then mix until a soft dough with eggs, butter and a little water.
- Turn your dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth. Roll out into a rectangle.
- Sprinkle over cinnamon and Demerara Sugar and roll the dough like a swiss roll.
- Cut into 2.5cm thick slices and leave to prove until double it's side (I found leaving on your kitchen side for about 45 mins to be ideal)
- Glaze with egg yolk and bake for 20- 25 minutes. Once cooked, transfer onto a cool rack to rest.
- If you wish to add icing sugar like I did, simply add a little icing sugar with luke- warm water until you get the consistency you wish. Drizzle over your buns whilst still slightly warm and leave to cool.
If you brought some of these to breakfast, you would certainly win some cool friend points. If buns are not quite your thing, I would recommend trying some of these Cinnamancakes- they are utterly delicious!